Why Emoface and who is it for?
Emoface Play & Learn Emotions is an app designed to help children and young adults understand and learn emotions. Initially developed for people with autism spectrum disorders, the app can be useful for anyone who wants to improve their skills and emotional intelligence.
The app allows you to discover:
- Emotional spectrum;
- Facial expressions;
- Changing facial features in order to express every emotion.
The use of the app is perfectly suited to sessions with healthcare professionals, due to the difficulties that users face in recognizing emotions, as well as in understanding them, contextual or not. But the app can also be used with the family or independently.
By working with the 6 basic emotions – joy, fear, anger, sadness, surprise, disgust , Emoface Play & Learn Emotions helps in recognizing and understanding emotions, in particular by detailing facial features and by putting emotions in context.
- Verbal and non-verbal children with ASD (mild to moderate autism);
- Children and adolescents with neurodevelopmental disorders;
- Children and young adults with intellectual disabilities;
But also for all children who need to work on their emotions, as a result of behavioral problems: opposition disorder, schizophrenia…
Skills that children need when interacting with Emoface:
- To tick / mark (for playing games, answering exercises);
- To listen (the instructions are also audio, allowing users who cannot speak / listen to use Emoface),
- To choose (to provide answers / to play).